Friday, September 2, 2016

It's been awhile...

I think it's safe to say that it's been awhile since I've been on here. A year and some change to be exact. In that year I've done a bit of living:

-Moved into my first big girl apartment
-Moved into another apartment
-Moved into yet ANOTHER apartment (where I finally signed a year long lease)
-Bought my first car - a bright blue 2008 PT Cruiser with pink seat covers - I LOVE IT!
-Drove by myself for the first time...turns out it wasn't as scary as I kept thinking
-Got in to my first car accident... a minor scratch, but still nerve racking
-Developed a love for sweet red wine
-Got my first boyfriend in almost 10 years only to subsequently get my heart broken in a months time
-Moved up in my job and became a leader at work
-Started and quit one job
-Started and still enjoy another job (2 jobs, working 6 day a week, let's go!)
-Achieved a tan for the first time in my life
-Applied to grad school
-Got in to grad school, only to not get the internship making grad school unaccessible
-Traveled on a plane, and managed new airports, all by myself (6 times to be exact!)
-Successfully completed my childhood dream of going to New York City
-Explored New York City AND finessed the subway all by myself
-Got my phone stolen my first night in the Big Apple
-Experienced my first spoken word poetry slam (Nyuerican Poetry Club)
-Started getting paid for my photography
-Got a Siamese Cat with my roommate Shannon. Named him Twist.
-Learned how to make the perfect eyeliner wing
-Made many new friends and lost some too
-Learned a lot about what it means to be an adult
-Discovered more and more of what I do want and don't want out of life

As you can see from the list above I did a lot over the last year. The saying, "Day to day nothing seems to change, but when you look back everything seems different" really is true. I can't say that I've loved every moment from the last year, there has certainly been enough crying and heartache to last me a good long while. However, as cliche as it sounds, through all the problems, issues, struggles, I grew up and developed as a person, and thus I truly am thankful for it all. Despite this, and though I wish for only good times, I know I have a lot more growing left to do. So here's to another year!

I hope to get back to keeping you in the loop. After all, this is Girl World OPEN, not girl world kept hidden.

Hope you all are well, and update you soon.

XOXO,

GirlWorldOPEN

P.S. Here's some pictures over the last year for some visual and sentimental effect:












No comments:

Post a Comment