Tuesday, June 10, 2014

How to Turn Monotony into an Epic Adventure!



If you are anything like me, you listen to Pandora like it’s your job. I have so many stations (ALL of which I listen to) that I have been forced to delete some in order to add more. However, recently I’ve come favor the “Epic Soundtrack” Station.

This station plays soundtracks ranging from Disney’s “Brave” to all the Cirque du Soleil shows. Why is this station so great? Listening to this station helps me focus and feel like a bad ass while doing it. Even as I’m writing this post I’m listening to the station and the “How to Train a Dragon” Film Score is currently playing. I feel as if I am apart of the movie while bringing that excitement in my writing to this post. 

If you’ve never tried it, I highly recommend downloading Pandora, making the “Epic Soundtrack” Station and listening to it while doing…anything! I’ve come to find that it makes whatever monotonous thing I am doing more exciting. Let’s take working in the office for example. No one likes sitting in a cubical, typing away information that has become routine and dull. Instead, turn on Pandora’s “Epic Soundtrack” station and BAM! Suddenly you aren’t writing up the same boring information, now you are on a mission and in a time crunch to develop and edit this document.. the whole world is counting on you! 

Perhaps that escalated quickly… The point is, turn your routine and uneventful day into something exciting! Even if it’s only in your head, at least it will make the time go by more quickly so you can get on with what you really love to do!

What do you do to make work less work?


HayleyKaye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment